First, it was Safety. Then, it was Drug Free. Right Now, the cultural revolution in the construction industry is People Development. Is your company prioritizing people above everything else? Our construction leadership training programs show you how to do exactly that. Here’s why you should start…yesterday.
LESS THAN 15% OF THE WORKFORCE IS ENGAGED. (Gallup, Inc. (2018). The Engaged Workplace) Is that a problem? Or is that an opportunity? Imagine the cost to organizations across North America that are simply accepting the status quo performance of the other 85%.
Engagement determines discretionary effort. Discretionary effort is what you give over and above what you have to. If you don’t engage your employees you’re not going to get the buy-in, you’re not going to get the commitment, and you’re not going to get the extra effort from employees that your company needs to stay competitive in this industry.
COMPANIES WITH HIGHLY ENGAGED WORKFORCES OUTPERFORM THEIR PEERS BY 147% IN EARNINGS PER SHARE. (Gallup, Inc. (2018). The Engaged Workplace)
One of the biggest challenges of being a business leader today is prioritizing people above everything else, because engaged employees are going to be your foundation for continued success.
Your investment in your people is a direct indication of your interest and commitment to their growth. That in turn has a powerful impact on their level of engagement, on their discretionary effort and their retention as valuable people capital for your organization. Engagement is always the result; the result of positive and proactive efforts on your part.
It’s time for us to step up to the plate.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO DEVELOP AND MENTOR YOUR TEAM?
The more people get, the more they are going to give back. People Development is the key to making more money, making your clients happy, and staying competitive in this industry. If you haven’t thought about how you are developing your workforce, now is the time.
Here are some other resources to help you start thinking about what type of people development is right for your company.
- Microlearning Comes To Construction
- Change management, workforce development, and next generation leadership
- Coaching our Next Generation of Field Leaders
Prioritize Your People Above Everything Else. Visit this link for information about people development and our construction leadership training programs show you how to do exactly that..